Certifications & Practices
Jo-Anne Vernay is proud to be a truly sustainable company based on our slow fashion practices. We're certified by Remake Our World, a nonprofit working to ignite a conscious consumer movement to turn fashion into a force for good. Remake aims to make the invisible women who power the fashion industry visible. This certification ensures that Jo-Anne Vernay meets the below standards.
- Has a transparent supply chain and sources materials ethically
- Provides the ability to trace the product's and its components' journey
- Has policies and mechanisms in place to ensure that the basic rights and safety of makers are being protected and respected
- Gives all employees the opportunity to improve their quality of life, as a result of being able to earn a living wage
- Demonstrates a commitment to environmental sustainability
- Has efforts underway to reduce carbon emissions at our facilities
- Planning to continue our mission to conserve water use at our facilities
- Researching and developing ways to reduce the amount of waste at our facilities
- Our products are made without the use of harmful techniques
- Our raw materials were produced with assurance that growers / producers had their basic human / labor rights respected
- Animal welfare is respected by the absence of use of animal-sourced materials
Jo-Anne Vernay works to the values of a circular economy, combining research and innovation to enhance the well-being of the earth and its people throughout the entire life cycle of the product. The wooden ball that you'll see in all our designs represents our commitment to the cause.
We support rural farming communities by working directly with farming cooperatives to create an additional stream of income to pineapple farmers.